Big Dog Master Class Block 3 - Maximizing Big Dog Foster Impact (47 minutes total)
Presenter: Kelly Duer, Foster Care Specialist, Maddie's Fund
Session 1: Double Your Big Dog Fosters in 30 Days (27 minutes)
You’ll learn what the latest market research says about messaging and techniques that can turn potential fosters into applicants, and how short-term foster programs can help you find the fosters and adopters you need.
Session 2: How to Get Big Dogs Adopted From Foster (20 minutes)
You’ll learn the most effective strategies for getting dogs adopted from foster - including marketing them and getting them adopted without needing to return to the shelter. You’ll learn what the latest market research says about messaging and techniques to find the adopters you need, and how organizations with the most robust foster programs are empowering foster caregivers to assist in efforts to market their foster pets online.
- Learn how to create a community culture of fostering, normalizing the fostering of big dogs
- Learn messaging techniques for motivating potential fosters to sign up
- Understand the major reasons people decide not to foster and the strategies that are most effective in overcoming these barriers
- Develop a protocol for marketing and adopting pets from foster homes
- Earn 1.0 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits from The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement and from the National Animal Care & Control Association.
- This course has been approved for 1 hour of continuing education credit for each block of presentations until February 14, 2024 in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval. Pass the quiz with a score of 70% or higher to access your CE certificate and then upload it to https://CEBroker.com. This is the broker that the AAVSB uses to track your continuing education credits.
Keywords: foster care, dog foster, management system for big dogs, animal behavior, big dogs, large dogs, dogs, Maximize physical and behavioral health, Animal & Population Management, Strategic & Operational Planning, Policies & Procedures, Foster Care, webcast, MMP
BD Day 1
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Senior Community Solutions Initiative Specialist - Foster Care Specialist
As Senior Community Solutions Initiative Specialist, Kelly's focus is on helping shelters and rescue organizations increase lifesaving through the implementation of robust foster care programs. Her role includes consulting with shelters, creating and providing training for organizations and their foster coordinators, writing and assisting with research on foster care.
Kelly previously coordinated a foster program that brought orphaned children to the United States in order to find them permanent adoptive homes, worked as the Foster Expansion Coordinator for a national study of foster care, and assisted with the behavioral foster study that was conducted at the Fairfax County Animal Shelter. Her work with foster care and social media has been featured in many national publications, websites and networks, including Animal Sheltering magazine, the Huffington Post, Best Friends magazine, BarkPost, iheartdogs.com, HuffPost Live and Fox News.